The objectives of the EAOM are to:
- Improve clinical care in the field of Oral Medicine across Europe, which is that area of special competence concerned with the health and diseases of the oral and peri-oral structures, especially the oral manifestations of systemic diseases and the oral and dental care of patients with special needs.
- Promote education and research in Oral Medicine across Europe.
- Promote interest in education and research in Oral Medicine at institutions, professional associations and industries.
- Inform governments and other official institutions of the significance of Oral Medicine for oral and systemic health, and the recognition, prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- Promote exchange of scientific information.